Sunday, December 03, 2006

Well, it's been a while since I have written a new post, or even visited the blogs that I usually look at every day! I have been fighting the internet, mostly AOL, which just disappeared from my computer with no prior notice. I don't mean that my account disappeared, I mean that the AOL program disappeared. All I could get on with was AOL Explorer, and that was kind of iffy. So I spent a while trying to figure out what error 23-something was, talking on the phone to AOL technicians, and I finally had to just reload AOL. But in the process, now everytime I try to get online, I have to restart my computer. Between that and school, I have just been out of touch. (It's the weeks before Christmas-we have a lot to do before we get out for the holidays, including a Christmas program that we have to participate in and decorations to make, vocabulary to learn, and a lot more that I don't have time to list.) I also have an ex-mother in law (but she's more like my real mother, only better) with a broken hip in the hospital. I will be back with a new post later this week, and I will be visiting everyone that I love to keep up with (you know who you are!). Talk to you later this week!

6 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with the hip and aol!


~GoGo

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

What about ditching AOL all together? As in get another DSL or internet provider, then at least you'll have one less headache to deal with. Did you switch to Beta already? I hope things calm down for you soon and I know Maw Maw is doing great in rehab. I know a good PT locally! ;)

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger The dykes next door said...

Thanks for the good wishes! Well, I think that AOL is straightened out (for now, at least). Now the problem at home is the camera software and my USB ports. It seems that everything works fine until one day, poof, it quits working. I don't think that I am the cause of these problems, but maybe I am. Computers are supposed to make things easier, aren't they? And to make matters worse, my main computer at school went down. This was about 3 weeks ago. I turned in a work order, but no one has been out yet. OK, they have 11 technicians for 72 schools, and our guy has 11 schools to get to, but it seems to me that they should get around to each school at least every couple of weeks. Maybe not. Now, I may be the cause of this problem. I tried to clear off some temp files, and maybe I cleared the wrong thing. Anyway, it's down. And he computer that went down has all of my documentation on it, data sheets, progress reports, IEPs, etc. Yes, I know, I'm going to buy a flash drive and load everything on it as soon as our guy gets it up and running again. If he can't do that, then I'll just have to put everything on the other computer. What a pain! A MAJOR pain! Anyway, no, I didn't switch to Beta yet, because I wanted to have plenty of time to play with it and familiarize myself with it. I didn't want to switch, then have problems and not have enough time to work it all out. Just in case. And Sharon, it's too bad you don't go to Monroe to do therapy. You'd love MawMaw! She's a cat (that's her favorite expression about someone like her).

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the hip, AOL, school computer and everything else. I heard an expression once I think it came from a film, Ronald Reagan said it 'when the going gets tough, the tough get going' So off you go, and sort em out!! You know you can.
cozmic

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger GoGo said...

I've been in 6 bike accidents in 4 years, requiring stitches, PT, and tire replacements. I still insist it is not my fault.

You keep with that denial! ;) wink and smile.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Get A Life! said...

When it rains, it pours! Keep going, and we'll catch up with you when you return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home